Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Beginnings (La Leche League)

I had been reading New Beginnings since I went to my first La Leche League meeting (where they nurse for “47 months”) when Joel was only 6 months old.

I’d read so many helpful stories of nursing mothers in the magazine and wanted to write for them someday. One night something came over me and I just sat down and wrote “Sweet Naptime.” I was sick of people acting like I was slowly killing my kids and my marriage (messy house) by holding my kids for naps.

I checked the mail one day in March 2007 and there were 2 copies of the magazine (payment). I flipped through and saw the unflattering photo I had sent them of me and 3 sleeping babies around me, plus my story on a full page! It was so exciting.

Here’s the article. Please e-mail me at thekerrieshow@yahoo.com if it becomes defunct.

No comments: