Monday, March 23, 2009

Response Time

You know how I’ve always said that if you don’t hear back from a local parenting pub editor either immediately or within a week, you can forget about it?

Well, forget about THAT.

The other day I got an acceptance on a reprint I sent TWO MONTHS AGO. I’ve been jumping the gun and sending the same piece in the same region if I’m not hearing back within like TWO WEEKS. I’m glad there are no other pubs in this region or I’d have some ‘splaining to do.

Still, if I HAD been accepted already by someone else in the region, I would’ve had to have said something like, “I’m sorry, but when I didn’t hear back from you within 30 days, I assumed you did not want to publish my piece, and [enter competitor name here] will be publishing it in their May issue. If you would like to offer me 1 million dollars, I can easily yank my piece from your competitor, though.”

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey hey! Got a little something for you over at my blog: http://astheplotthickens.blogspot.com/2009/03/woohoo.html