Friday, March 13, 2009

The World of eBooks

How do you punctuate ebooks? Ebook? eBook? E-book?

Who cares? I’m writing one. Why not? If everyone else jumped off a bridge, so would I, right? No!

I had an idea for a little humor book but don’t want to mess with a traditional publisher … takes too much time and rejection. So I’ll be my own publisher.

LifeasMOM.com has a couple … one about Cooking With Kids and one about cool Birthday Cakes. Mrs. Hannigan has one called How to Write Nasty Letters.

I’m not quite sure how to go about doing it, so I’m doing it in Word, then popping it into PowerPoint to make the cover and design the pages.

Then I need to beg my husband to help me figure out how to convert the PowerPoint slideshow into an Acrobat pdf file that can be uploaded to Payloadz and sold for $2 (I call it my 2-buck E-book). I’m not looking to get rich, here. I’m looking to get my name out there as someone who can maybe write a decent line of humor here and there.

At the rate I’m going, I’ll be self-publishing this e-book sometime in 2012. With no editor crawling my butt with a deadline, what’s a mom to do?

1 comment:

My Bizzy World said...

love it, and great idea! I hope you get to write your ebook and have every hope for success for you. I'm going to write one too! Here's to our success.

Carole