Monday, May 18, 2009

Bad Writer Mommy

In submitting about 40 of my article Moms Making Money (no paid leads; I gave it away for free as a 5-parter to one publication so I could have a credit on my resume!), I stumbled upon a guy who publishes a magazine AND has a side biz he needed my help on. It involved a sales letter, some Web writing and a marketing manual. I was honest with him about my limited experience and how "sales letter" made my butt cheeks clench up, but told him I'd give it a shot and would come cheap.

Whaddya know? It worked out! With my husband's help, we wrote a sales letter he LOVED, a table of contents for the manual he loved, and now I'm working on the Web stuff.

So I told my son this morning, "I'm going to be a Bad Writer Mommy today working on the laptop because I have a deadline of one week. But tomorrow I will be a Good Mommy and will take you all to the fish hatchery and the dam and to be with your grandma and great aunt."

It all evens out, right?

3 comments:

Alyssa Ast said...

Wow thats awesome! Congrats adn good luck!!

deandean said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful :-) Be waiting for updates :-)

Nikki said...

How awesome! And yes it all evens out.

PS Love the butt cheeks visual.