Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Get Published in Regional Parenting Magazines

I didn’t really know what I was getting into when I started the writer’s guidelines ebook and database. So far I’ve spent 31 hours on it and am maybe half done. I just want it to be really good; really helpful; something I would buy.

Thirty-one hours used to not even be a full work week for me; now it’s hard to squeeze in a couple of hours a day to work on an ebook.

Women who have dreams of working from home after their baby is born are in for a rude awakening. You have to do a lot to make that work, no matter how old the kid is. Tiny babies take lots of physical work, even though they sleep a lot. Sure, you get long stretches of time to work (hopefully) while the kids sleeps, but you never know when you’ll be interrupted.

Toddlers pose another issue because they are into EVERYTHING. All of a sudden the house is a wreck and you can’t believe how fast the kid turned into a Human Tornado.

And if you homeschool … jeez, you’ve got the education of your children on your shoulders! Plus laundry, dishes, meals, the occasional shower, errands, social crap, and so on.

So, WAHMs with kids underfoot, keep going. You’ll reach your goals. (A little slower than other moms, but you’ll reach them!)

Happy 8th Birthday to my oldest son, Joel!

No comments: