Monday, March 29, 2010

How to Write With Focus

People, I'm nearly 39 years old here, and I have GOT to get serious about this writing thing. I mean, I'm proud of the ebook I put out last summer, but it is in serious need of a 2nd edition, which I'm working on. The 2nd edition is taking as long as the 1st, though, because I really want to make it rock. After checking the table of contents of some other writing books I own, I realized that MY table of contents has no rhyme or reason.

Take Writer Mama, for instance. It has 4 main sections that go in a logical order AND they all start with the letter "P" for God's sake! That is some serious focus. My table of contents went in an order like I wrote it the last time I was drunk, which was in, like, 1999.

So I'm trying to hunker down and get all this great information in there and THEN I'll organize it.

Wish me luck, fellow writers.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I know what you mean. I am 37 and I am itching to publish some more articles for the local newspapers. the problem is they don't pay! I really want to be paid but I don't know how to broach the subject. I am thinking about writing a blog about my journey to writing and getting more articles published; I don't know. I wish you the best with your writing! Keep me posted!