Friday, April 9, 2010

Time Wasters

Holy crap, the Internet can be a HUGE time waster. When I had it all weekend long I could kill some time on Facebook checking on my friends. I wouldn’t even play the games, just check in on people for fun. And organize everyone into groups.

Now that I only have about an hour or two a week on the Internet, I really have to focus. I have to get in and get out quickly. If you want to talk to me, call me on the phone because I mostly use Facebook and Twitter to pimp my blog posts and e-books and eHows.

And when I’m logged into email and Facebook, I’ll usually show up as “Busy”, “Invisible” or “Offline” because I definitely don’t have time to chat unless I see an associate online and need a question answered fast.

And don’t get me started on all the email clogging up my inbox.

How would your writing benefit from you taking a break from most social interaction on the Internet?

1 comment:

Alyssa Ast said...

I actually get more focused from all the social media sites. Gives me a reason to stay at the computer.